Electrical fault starts New Year Eve fire in Dubai

As crowds gathered to watch the New Year’s fireworks in Dubai, the masses were armed with good intentions for the New Year ahead, a fire engulfed a 63 storey building in the city centre. The prominent skyscraper that was both a hotel and residential building, was quickly evacuated.

It’s said that some of the cladding for festive decorations may have played a large hand in the blaze.

Whilst the New Year’s Eve celebrations may have been ruined it may have inspired many bystanders and viewers watching the blaze to resolve to never perform their own electrical work. As this fire shows, electricity deserves our respect.